In this series, “How to solve chess tactics”, I show you my approach and little tricks when it comes to solving chess tactics. You are encougared to first try to solve the position yourself and then compare your thoughts to mine. Enjoy watching!
This is my guideline to solve chess tactics:
1. Obtain an overview & check the material
2. Look for important, direct threats of your opponent (that tells you whether you have time for a quiet move or if everything needs to happen with check)
3. Look for the candidate moves, first look at moves that take something or give a check, then quiet moves
4. Intuitively, choose one move and calculate it
5. Evaluate the resulting position, if you are not happy, calculate the next move
6. If you are happy with the calculated position, go through the entire variation one more time and look for hidden possibilities of your opponent such as intermediate moves
7. Play your move!
Tactic trainer on chess24: https://chess24.com/en/learn/tactics-trainer
▶chess24: http://www.chess24.com .
Niclas Huschenbeth (born February 29, 1992 in Hann. Muenden) is a German Chess Grandmaster. Huschenbeth learned how to play chess at the age of five and participated in youth chess tournaments. He was awarded the title of International Master in 2008 and the Grandmaster title in 2012. At age 18, he achieved his most notable success, becoming the youngest German Champion in history. He has played 52 times for the German national team and participated in two chess olympiads. Currently, Huschenbeth studies psychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County and plays for the university’s chess team.
Read his full biography here: http://bit.ly/1vi0uTB
2014,GM Huschenbeth,best chess channel,solve,trainer,chess,Grandmaster,Niclas,21250,chess24,kingscrusher,tactic,thechesswebsite,exercises,how,Game,to,combinations,Chess,GM,chessnetwork,Huschenbeth,solutions,tactics,position