Let’s take a look at the Capcom games that appeared on the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive.
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Tweets by Sega_Lord_X
Opening 3D Logo By:
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
1. Footage captured via a Mega SG.
2. If you are interested in the Mega Man X demos for the Genesis, get em here:
3. Contrary to popular belief, Visco did not entirely develop Chiki Chiki Boys on the Genesis. They were responsible for the sound and music.
4. Visit romhacks.net for the Street Fighter sound patches.
5. Strider on the Genesis has heavy data compression to fit into the 8megs. You’ll notice a number of times during gameplay, it pauses to introduce new sound and graphics data.
6. I so wish that Sega had continued to license Capcom properties after 1993. The Punisher, done by Sega themselves on the Sega CD, would have been killer.
7. Capcom was interested in the 32X early in its life. They started development on Street Fighter The Movie, Darkstalkers, and Alien vs Predator. Of course, with 32X bombing, all projects were cancelled.
8. Despite there rather poor support of the Genesis, they would go on to be prolific backers of both the Saturn and Dreamcast. So much so, I dare say those systems wouldn’t have been the same without them.
9. I make it sound like Chiki Chiki Boys is 2 player. It is in the arcade version. While editing I cut out a small section about the arcade. The “doubly so if you have a friend in tow” was actually connected to that. The Genesis game is single player only.
segalordx,sega lord x,sega saturn,sega genesis,sega dreamcast,mega drive,megadrive,game gear,32x,mega cd,genesis,saturn,master system,sega,sega cd,gameplay,review,movies,retro games,retro gaming,video games,ps4,xbox,wii,nintendo,gamecube,n64,ps1,ps2,ps3,psp,vita,switch,atari